TEAM OPENING | JOB CAPTAIN (Education)
who we are
With 73 years of experience, Coact Designworks, was founded with a focus on education,
and today brings together experts in education, healthcare, retail and commercial markets to design both architectural and business solutions that improve the lives of those around us. Our people are important, our clients are important, and our business decisions are driven by a desire to bring positive change to our communities. If you’re motivated, creative, and looking to take your career to the next level, we are seeking a qualified Job Captain to be assigned to education projects, and we’d love to talk to you!
who you are
· A job captain with 5+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry;
· With experience in the design and construction of education facilities.
· You describe yourself as a self-starter, bringing energy and leadership to the team,
· With an ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· You have effective communication skills and are comfortable working with all levels of staff, consultants, and vendors; and of course,
· Take pride in work effort and product.
· You possess a bachelor’s degree in architecture or similar;
· With proficiency in AutoCAD 2018 and Revit, and experience in BIM modeling;
· Experience working on projects requiring DSA approval; familiar with SAB, OPSC, and other state regulating agencies; and
· Knowledge of Deltek Vision (ideal but not required).
what you’d be responsible for
· The aesthetic, conceptual and planning development for projects. Design skills include programming/planning, interior/exterior architectural design, site design and master planning. Market-sector specific knowledge of education preferred;
· Assisting the Project Leader and Design Director with conducting evidence-based research, creating graphic materials and presentations as required;
· Executing planning and design concepts as set forth by the Design Director, while maintaining client expectations;
· Preparing complex detailed project drawings with minimal supervision using diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices and advanced techniques;
· Performing design computations;
· Reviewing project drawings and assists in establishing and maintaining dimensional control. Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes;
· Validating that code and zoning requirements for assigned segment of project are met.
· Assist with writing reports or specifications for assigned project.
· Participating in client meetings and presentation of creative concepts to clients on behalf of the project team;
· Representing the firm, participating as a member of business development teams and in project pursuits.
how to apply
You can learn more about Coact Designworks at www.coactdesignworks.com and on our Facebook or LinkedIn pages.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume (in PDF format, 3MB max), to Alexis
Greene, Director of Administration, Human Resources @email@example.com benefits
· 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage;
· 100% paid group life insurance;
· Profit sharing and bonus opportunities
· Optional participation in pre-tax employee contributed flexible spending account and 401(K);
· Team-based mentoring-focused working environment;
· Opportunities for advancement and competitive salaries;
· Membership paid to industry organizations; and finally
· Located in downtown close to R street corridor!